Monday, July 4, 2011

Stargirl

Leo goes to an ordinary school in an ordinary town. Everyone goes about their own business without standing out. Then enters Stargirl, the strangest, most awe-inspiring (and not always in a good way), and original girl anyone has ever seen. But who is she? Who is this girl who wears long-skirts and has a pet rat, who bring a ukulele to school and sings happy birthday to people in the lunch room, and who seems to live in her own world where everybody deserves to be cheered for? And why, of all the people in the school, does Leo seem to be the one she likes? I first read this book three or four years ago, and it has stuck with me since. It is amazing. That's all I can say. I can't promise that you will love it, some people might just find it weird. I recommend this book for ages 10 and up. Author: Jerry Spinelli.  Release date: 2000 On a scale of 1 being not so good, and 10 being the very best book I've ever read, I rate this book an 6 1/2. Check out the website at www.randomhouse.com/teens/stargirl/home.html Oh, and sorry for the lousy cover picture. It was the best I could find.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment