Friday, May 27, 2011

Matched

book cover of 
Matched 
 (Matched, book 1)
by
Ally CondieA few weeks ago I was volunteering at the library, helping to label new books when I came across one that looked interesting. I vaguely remembered reading about it as a side note on dystopian fiction in U.S.A. Today when they did an article on Mockingjay, so I thought I'd check it out. One word. Addictive. I could barely put it down when I was reading it. Cassia has never questioned the Society's way of doing things. After all, everything is designed to be as near to perfection as possible. So when she finds out that her Match (the person who she will marry) is her best friend Xander, she doesn't even think of questioning the pairing. But when the face that shows up on the screen isn't Xander's, but another boy that she knows instead, she begins to realize that maybe the Society isn't always right. Because this is dystopian fiction, I recommend this series for ages 12 and up. Author: Ally Condie.  Release date: 2010 On a scale of 1 being not so good, and 10 being the very best book I've ever read, I rate this book an 8. Oh, and check out Ally's website at http://www.allysoncondie.com/. Keep a hold of your artifacts!

1 comment:

  1. I liked this book very much. Thanks for the recommendation!! I just finished The Hourglass Door trilogy. It was really good. You should read it.

    ReplyDelete