Friday, November 5, 2010

Swindle

Okay, first blog post. I'll start with Swindle by Gordan Korman.


book cover of 
Swindle 
by
Gordon KormanIn this book the main character, 6th grader Griffin Bing, masterminds a plan to steal back a million dollar baseball card that he was swindled out of. He assembles a team of classmates who each have a special talent to get the card back. I first read this book as part of our library's Book Bunch program and it has been my one of my favorites ever since. I think maybe one of the reasons I like it so much is because the kids in the story stand up for themselves. They don't give up without a fight- even if the only people who know what they are doing are themselves. This book has a lot of things kids can relate to, from nosy adults to the prospect of moving. I recommend this book for kids ages nine and up. Author: Gordan Korman. Release date: 2008  On a scale of 1 being not so good, and 10 being the very best book I've ever read, I rate this book a 9 1/2.

No comments:

Post a Comment