Thursday, November 11, 2010

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Countdown Post #1

book cover of 
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone 
(Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone) 
 (Harry Potter, book 1)
by
J K RowlingBecause the new Harry Potter movie is coming out in 8 days I am doing my own countdown by reviewing the books. I thought I would start with the first one. But oh my goodness. Where to start? To sum up this book in one word: Genius. This book is the first in the best series of all time. The Harry Potter series. Harry is not an ordinary boy. He lives with his horrible Aunt and Uncle and has a spoiled cousin who picks on him constantly. He has a scar shaped like a lightning-bolt. And weird things are always happening to him. Then strange letters start arriving. Eventually Harry meets Hagrid, the largest man he's ever seen. Hagrid tells him that he's a wizard and that he has been accepted at Hogwarts school of witch craft and wizardry. I read this book for the first time during my summer break after first grade. I admit that I wasn't a huge fan at first. I think part of that is because I was seven at the time, so I recommend this book for ages 10 and up. This is now my favorite series ever. Author: J. K. Rowling. Release date: 1997  On a scale of 1 being not so good, and 10 being the very best book I've ever read, I rate this book a 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment