Saturday, February 19, 2011

Septimus Heap

book cover of 
Magyk 
 (Septimus Heap, book 1)
by
Angie SageOkay, so I had known about this series for awhile, but hadn't really been interested. Maybe because of all the weird title spellings. But last week I was out of things to read, so I figured I would try it out. IT WAS AWESOME!!! The first book in the series is called Magyk. It starts out with  the murders of a Queen and the ExtraOrdinary wizard, the mysterious death of the Heap family's new baby (who happened to be a seventh son of a seventh son), and the finding of a baby girl in the woods. And all on the same night too. That's about all I can say without giving too much away. So instead, I will tell you if you will like this book or not. If you like magic, wizards, witches, mysteries, swamps, dragons, boats, dragon boats, or anything else along those lines, you will most definitely like this book. If you don't find those  things interesting, read it anyway. You will soon change your mind. There are currently five books in the series (Magyk, Flyte, Physik, Queste, and Syren), along with a companion book (The Magykal Papers). The sixth book is called Darke, and is coming out in June 2011. (U.S.) This series is a bit predictable, but is an enjoyable read. I recommend this series for kids ages ten and up. Author: Angie Sage. Release date: 2005 On a scale of 1 being not so good, and 10 being the very best series I've ever read, I rate this series a 7 1/2.
Visit the website at http://septimusheap.wordpress.com/press.com  Oh, and beware DomDaniel!

No comments:

Post a Comment